Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant

My turbo tax program "Home and Business" will not open;

Customer Question

my turbo tax program "Home and Business" will not open; states something about an improper signature so it tells me to reload the program. I had this program put on the computer by turbo tax. Even though I stated to send me a CD also I never got it. I previously put some information on the program but cannot get any thing to come up other than the error statement. I have already filed extension through turbo tax so can you help me as I have nothing to reload?
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is Mark. You may have already tried this but if you have not this may work.

1. Select Start and choose Control Panel.
  2. Select Region and Language settings.
  3. On the Format tab, click Additional Settings.
  4. In the "Negative sign symbol" field, please ensure the value there is "-" (without the quotation marks).
  5. If the value is something else, please change it to "-" (without the quotes) and select OK.
  6. Re-launch TurboTax and it should work now.

I hope you found this information to be beneficial. If this answered your question please take a few moments to rate my response. A rating is needed in order for me to receive credit for helping you today. The rating bar is located at the top of the page – ranging from 1 to 5 stars. If you need me to clarify aspect of my response or if there are additional areas of the question that you would like me to consider please let me know. I would be happy to continue the discussion. It has been my pleasure helping you today.

Please let me know if this does not work and I can see if I can find another solution to your problem.