Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Former IRS Revenue Agent

I have a new visa card number because I lost my old card.

Customer Question

I have a new visa card number because I lost my old card. How do I change the number for AOL automatic payment.
JA: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine.
Customer: I want to give you my new VISA number because my old one is invalid.
JA: The Financial Software Technician will know how to help. Is there anything else the Financial Software Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No other information is necessary that I know of. How do I communicate with the Financial Software Technician?
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Dr. Fiona Chen replied 3 months ago.

Dear Update AOL Account,

Basically, you sign into your AOL account and to add a payment method. Follow the instruction. You can also, in this case, delete your old method of payment -- the old card number. Remember to add the new one before you delete the old one. Otherwise, the system will think there is no payment method. So called "payment method" is a visa card with the new number. Detailed instruction is below. It is relatively long, but is detailed. I also give you the AOL website link at the end which is where further instruction can be found.

Please feel free to follow up with further questions; Otherwise, I am ready to be evaluated by you for your satisfaction of my answer.

Fiona Chen, MPA, PH.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP

Change payment method

1. Go to My Account and sign in with your master Username and password.

2. Type the answer to your Account Security Question and click Continue.

3. Under Service Options, select Manage My Subscriptions.

4. On the Manage My Services & Subscriptions screen, click Change Payment Method.

5. Here, you may select a payment already on file or you may choose to add a new payment method.

Note: If you have selected a Debit card on file, you will be asked to type the words - I Agree - in the Type "I Agree" box before clicking Save. If you have clicked Add a New Payment Method instead of using a payment on file, you will be presented with the following screen:

6. Complete form and click Add Payment Method.

Once you have completed adding your new payment details, you will receive a confirmation email.

7. After your payment method is changed for your subscription, go to Manage My Account Details and select Manage My Wallet and Billing Info.

8. Remove the payment method you no longer want on the the account by clicking on the trash icon.

You will receive confirmation the payment method has been removed from the account.

Ta-da! Your payment method is officially changed.

Go to this website for further instruction. There are picture of screen shots as examples for you to follow.