Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.

Using quickbook pro 2016 looking to easy conversion from

Customer Question

Using quickbook pro 2016 looking to easy conversion from invoice into quotation
We are a small TV repair service just starting out , have entered into QB over 100 names , job numbers & descriptions into the invoice section as new customers ) did not realized should been done as quotation .
Like to know how to change the created invoices into quotations without having to retype all of them , is there a way to convert the created invoice into quotation , since most of them ( over 60% ) do not turn out to be sales ( customer does not accept the quoted price , or decide to junck the TV resulting in no sales
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Barbara replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Unfortunately, QuickBooks does not let you work backwards.

I have researched the Intuit QuickBooks community, and there is not a way to change a created invoice into a quotation/estimate.

I apologize if this is not the answer you were hoping for.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your prompt reply , as you say , it is a not a acceptable answer , doubt very much that QB over the many years in business would not have resolved this issue , pretty sure it is not easy or well know , that is why I am willing to pay for a answer .
When I contact a professional for legal , business , or other, seeking help to resolve a problem, find it rather difficult to accept
" cannot be done because ............. will accept it if there is a suggestion to resolve doing a different way .Civilization would not have advanced very far accepting " cannot be done "
Do you have any suggestion on how I can accomplish my goal ?
Expert:  Barbara replied 3 months ago.

Your best avenue would be to call Intuit/Quickbooks directly. Perhaps they have a workaround for this issue that is not public knowledge. I have found this to be the case with Intuit/TurboTax issues.

(877)(###) ###-####/strong>

Mon. - Fri. 6 AM - 6 PM PT

Best regards,