Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Former IRS Revenue Agent
72280797

I have recently move to another state and have a new email

Customer Question

I have recently move to another state and have a new email address. How do i retrieve my info. to make changes to my account. I don't remember my password. My old email was my user ID.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Dr. Fiona Chen replied 4 months ago.

Dear Email,

Please tell me a little more information.

1) What your email address changed when you moved to another state?

2) Who is your email provider? AOL, etc.?

3) The general way to sign into an email account when you don't have the password ***** ***** request new password. Sometimes, depending on the company, they give you a pass from a phone number, i.e., they call you on the phone or they have you answer your secure question. Then, they give you the link to change your password.

Or, you have to call the provider for services.

4) When you said that retrieve my info to make changes to my account. What does it mean? Theoretically speaking, an old email account never expires unless it is related to a service account like At&t and we did not pay our bill. That is why Gmail and hotmail is popular.

5) I pay 19 per year to keep one of my email accounts. Otherwise, I will lose it. By paying this subscription fee, I don't get their other services but with email only.

6) Do you think that you may need to contact the provider and get them to give you access by paying them something?

7) I would think it would be hard to transfer all the old emails to a different email account when your provider is changed.

Please respond so that I can give you a definite answer unless you feel satisfied by my answer and suggestion above.

Regards,

Fiona Chen, MPA, PH.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP