PDtax
PDtax, CPA firm owner
Experience:  Have used almost every software package available.
64119565

I have quickbooks 2006/7 I'm having to upgrade to Windows

Customer Question

I have quickbooks 2006/7 I'm having to upgrade to Windows 10 . Having done so the PDF converter 2.07 kennel mode will not run with windows 10.. Is there a down load driver that suits windows 10 that Intuit use?
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  PDtax replied 10 months ago.

Hi from Just Answer. This method is problematic, but I have another method to use. I'mCustomer

Best is to manually reinstall QuickBooks on the Windows 10 machine. This summary is from the Microsoft website:

"You can disregard both Intuit's and Microsoft's claim that Quickbook 2007 won't run on Win10. It will. You jut have to manually install it:

Don't run the auto-installer from the CD. Instead, turn on the administrator account (same as in Win 8 and 8.1, google it for specific directions), and install from there.

- Open the CD, and go into the Dotnet folder.

-- Run dotnetfx.exe, let the installation finish, use defaults if queried.

-- Run dotnetSP1.exe. There will (should) be no messages, and it will just finish quietly.

- Reboot, log on as administrator again.

- Open the Quickbooks CD again, go into the program folder.

- Run the installation.

That's it. Don't be fooled by the naysayers, it's really very simple.

One installed, as usual, run Quickbooks, go into the Help menu, and update everything.

Also be sure to run Windows Updates as normal."

This is the link: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/quickbooks-2007-will-run-on-windows-10/40d4672c-803f-4c31-b49b-9396a6b1c63f?auth=1

Thanks for asking at Just Answer. Please rate my assistance using the five star rating scale. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'mCustomer