Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.

I can't balance my quicken 2014 with the bank statement. I

Customer Question

I can't balance my quicken 2014 with the bank statement. I download as normal with web connect for quicken, then when I try to import the data it asks me to put in my password. Then it tells me there is no internet connection and to try later. Why am I being asked for a password ***** after not having to provide it before?
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 3 months ago.

it wants the password ***** the password ***** which may or may not be the same as your intuit password ***** their website

to get around it if you dont know it

go to tools / password ***** / remove vault and all passwords

that will get rid of this message but you will have to put in the individual passwords from the bank for each bank again

if you save them it will create a new vault. This time go very slowly and make sure that you give it its own password ***** than letting it default to the intuit one. That will keep this problem from happening again when it has to check the internet to see if it is the correct one. For some reason it seems to run into problems and puts that message up even though you do have an internet connection