Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I'm trying to import a bank statement and although the

Customer Question

I'm trying to import a bank statement and although the account in reckon is set up for online banking, it doesn't allow me to upload to that account with the following message "Reckon Accounts does not have an online account to handle these transaction. Please make selection below". Why?
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 5 months ago.

that type of message usually occurs when either

A. the bank has more than one account for you and reckon is not sure which one is which as they all use the same id and password ***** the banks website

or

B. something changed slightly on the banks website and again reckon is not sure which quicken account you are downloading it to.

Basically it is not sure which quicken account to put the download into and it is asking you to select from your list of quicken accounts which one you are downloading to. There should be a list for you to make a selection from. even if it is only one account.

also just to be sure, you have to have downloaded the file as a quicken qfx file and not as a pdf or excel or csv file