Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.
32989067

Since upgrading to windows 10 I cant email invoices from

Customer Question

since upgrading to windows 10 I cant email invoices from Invoice create screen. I get activation error code 20 and then a message that says could not save your form as a PDF file
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you download Cute PDFwriter which is free from my link below

http://www.cutepdf.com/download/CuteWriter.exe

When installed this adds a printer. Then print the invoice to this printer and it will then convert it to a PDF for you that you can email

Let me know please how you go.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Richard, I'm sorry but I thought we were talking strictly about QuickBooks. My fault is with QuickBooks. I should be able to email invoices directly from the Create Invoice screen on QuickBooks as I did before upgrading to windows 10 but am unable to. I get printing error 20, followed by cant do PDF file
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

ok, can you do the following please

Click on the Start button and enter regedit in the Search area, but do NOT hit Enter.
- You should see Regedit.exe at the top of the search results, right-click on it and select "Run As Administrator":

- Go to the end of the registry, open the HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG key, right-click on Software and select Permissions:

- Make sure the "Full control" permission for the "Users" user is checked as in the screenshot:

Click OK, close the registry editor, and try Quickbooks now

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please