Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.

In cashbook version 8.2 one account is excluded from the

Customer Question

In cashbook version 8.2 one account is excluded from the budgeting process
In the right hand column under the heading "cheques" this account has a red tick on a blue background . I am unable to remove this icon and wonder if this is preventing this account from inclusion of a budget
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 4 months ago.

that flag usually means issues with downloaded transactions that need to be accepted into the account

I am not sure about the australian version but the newer quicken versions don't let you choose which accounts to budget from. they include everything and you can add or remove categories. If there are no categories set up in that account it wont be included except for "other"

if you are looking at one of the budget REPORTS however you can include or exclude categories in there under the customize tab

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello Robert (mid morning here)
Thank you thus far. My version budgets from all accounts from within a date or category range.
All the information has been hand entered. This account crosses many years but it is only those entries for 15/16 that are
excluded. I will be changing to the current version of quick books for the FY16/17 but would like to do my budget in cashbook.
Thanking you

that sounds like a filter somewhere

maybe it is still stuck on an old budget that considered 15/16 the new rather than historical year

I will be off for an hour or so but if you want to pay a little bit more i can log in remotely and track it down for you. I can't call australia but i can get you my phone number if you want to call me. or we can talk on skype or in the chat box that comes with the remote.