Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.

I just got a bill from the IRS error with my 2015 income

Customer Question

i just got a bill from the IRS for an error with my 2015 income taxes filed with intuit turbotax. How can I get turbotax to get involved?
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  emc011075 replied 4 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

I am sorry but Turbo Tax will not get involved. Turbo Tax is a tool and you prepared your return yourself using that tool. Check the bottom of the page 2 of your 1040, it says self-prepared.

If you need help to deal with IRS, or explain the notice you will need to find a tax professional.

Turbo tax customer service will help you with the technical side, maybe some general information but nothing specific. If you know what the problem is you can try to fix it yourself, you can use Turbo Tax to amend it if needed, you call IRS to find out or consult a tax professional for a specific answer/help.

Any questions? What's the notice about? Maybe I can help you.