Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.

I am unable to change my password because text with code can

Customer Question

I am unable to change my password ***** text with code can only be sent to mobile phone. my mobile phone is inoperable. "Alternative methods" take me into a quagmire.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 5 months ago.

what site is the password ***** ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Bob, sorry, I forgot I wasn't on Quicken support. I'm on Quicken 2016.
When I sign in I get a window asking for my Intuit Password.
It won't accept my most recent password (I have a record of all my passwords).
When I click on "I forgot my password, I get a window asking for my e-mail, phone, number or user ID. I've put in both my e-mail and my home phone number. In both cases the nesk window says it's sending a text to my cell phone.
My cell phone is out of commission.
It has no option to send a voice message to my home phone, or send a message to my e-mail.
the only alternative action send me to a site that's all about QuickBooks, with no option related to Quicken.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
When I first click on "forgot my e-mail" I get a window telling me to check my e-mail.
The e-mail - sends me to the site asking for my e-mail, phone number, etc. The fourth line on my previous text.

try putting in JUST the email when you ask for the password

If that does not work you have to get on the chat line to intuit which is closed for memorial day until tuesday

or you can make a new intuit id and use that in the quicken, but you have to change the id it is looking for. I believe you can do that under edit preferences. I know i have done it before but it takes a little effort to find where they allow you to do it.