Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

How do I get zero balance vendors from showing up on my

Customer Question

How do I get zero balance vendors from showing up on my Vendors and Payable reports
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Emilee Weaver replied 9 months ago.
Hi, Could you tell me what accounting or software system you are using to run the reports?
Expert:  Robert M. replied 9 months ago.
Customize report --> Filters ---> Paid Status ---> should be marked= OPEN
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I was wanting only payables WITH a balance. I have my report set to what you have stated above and I still have zero balance Vendors, some which we haven't used in 3 years or more and yet they are on our payables list.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am using QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 14
which report are you using ? some you can do it and some you cant
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Reports->> Vendors & Payables->> A/P Aging->> then under filter it says paid status OPEN
it may be because the payment was not linked to the bill that is you gave them a credit which wiped out their balance but it was never applied to a specific bill so qb sees an open bill even though it has zero owed on it. Go to vendors>pay bills>click on the bill and click "set credits" at the bottom of the screen. You will advance to the next screen where you can link the payment to the bill