Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.

I can't get my accounts to update with my bank. I never had

Customer Question

I can't get my accounts to update with my bank. I never had a problem with Quicken 2013 but ever since installing Quicken 2016 I cannot get it to update with my bank.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 5 months ago.
resetting the accounts by going to the account list (ctrl a)click edit and then reset USUALLY works.when that does not work i have found a trick that does work.go to the banks website and download the information as a quicken webconnect ( qfx) filethen open the quicken go to file / import / quicken web connect (qfx)browse to the file and import it. not only should that do the same thing as the quicken download BUT once it is done quicken usually pops up a message saying "do you want to do this a better way"and then if you say yes it will set up the normal quicken update. Once quicken has figured out which account it goes to because of the qfx import the one step update usually works.