Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.

Richard -I asked you previously about importing a

Customer Question

Hello Richard -I asked you previously about importing a file into QB to create a Bill. You had indicated that it needed to be an IIF file and that it would be entered in as a transaction. I converted the file to IIF and when I imported it, I couldn't find it.I'm working in QB Premier 2016 and here's what I'm attempting to do: I would like to import an excel file from my Credit Card Vendor in order to create a Vendor bill with the data that is in the excel file (or IIF file). This way I don't have to type in all the transaction expenses, which are lengthy.Do I need another version of QB? I do not see in QB where I can choose the option "Import, Transaction".Please help! :-)
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
Hi there Bill and welcomeCan you tell me exactly how you converted the excel file to an IIF file please
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did not convert it, the IT Manager did. But from what I can recall, is that we opened the Excel file and did a save as and then he changed the file extension to IIF and placed quotes around the file name?
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
ok, thats not why it is working...The instructions I gave is what needs to be followed Bill, you cannot just save as in ExcelThe instructions where It is done as an import of transactions and you need to do it as IIF files, so a conversion is required. It can be tricky depending on your data, but there is a extensive guide and toolkit available on my link below you have your excel files converted into IIF you can then import this into Quickbooks as transactions.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for the response, but my name is ***** *****!I have informed the it manager that we needed to do the download but he said we didn't need to and he could convert it himself.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.
Sorry! For some reason I had Bill here.But I cannot work on the event that he has done something to convert it himself, I can only tell you how it should be done so it works.As you see, his method is not working