Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.
32989067

I am having trouble to register my quicken 2016, I get an oops

Customer Question

I am having trouble to register my quicken 2016, I get an oops no internet connection?
Upgrading from 2013 edition.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Emilee Weaver replied 6 months ago.
They have a patch for this particular problem that may help you try this. Called the "Mondo" Patch. Make sure that you have all of your files backed up and saved safely. Then download run and install the Mondo patch. Here's the download page, mid page you will see a link to "download here" for the mondo patch.http://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-2013-windows-release-notes-updates-and-mondo-patch Let me know if that helps.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The3e answer on mondo patch is it does not apply to my version of quicken.
What version are you on? I apologize, that I may have misunderstood. I thought you were on the 2013 edition?If you have already gotten past the upgrade stage to the 2016 version, then the 2016 patch may be what you need. that link is here: http://www.quicken.com/support/mondo-2016
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Already download Quicken 2016,
QW 2016R7 Patch and still the same (not for your software)
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeAre you on a windows or Mac computer and which version?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Window 8
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
ThanksIt uses the internet explorer engine for thisPlease do the following in Internet Explorer Click Tools (the gear wheel top right) than Internet Options Click on the General Tab and Delete all Temporary Internet Files. Than click the Advance Tab and click Reset Then restart and tell me if you can now register please.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Richard, still connection refuse
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Close Quicken, Go to the Quicken program. While on home screen, hold Control and Shift. While holding, take your mouse to Tools, and launch One Step Update. This should help you bypass registration error.Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can not open Quicken program, when trying the Quicken does not open but goes to (must be register) screen
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
you need to hold Control and Shift please when doing this.Can you ensure this is what you did.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was hording Ctrl and Shift and open the Quicken files it flash in Quicken than went back to sign-in.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
Sign in to register correct?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
but does not does not allow time to register and check connection screen appears.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.
ok, restart the computer and repeat the instructions please as it may still be loaded in the memory. I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard