Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

Cannot get quicken 15 to start. must have done something stupid.

Customer Question

cannot get quicken 15 to start. must have done something stupid. Help
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 11 months ago.
Don't worry i can definitely help you. If you want to pay a little extra for premium service i can log in remotely and do whatever it takes to make it work while we talk on the phone. But there might be some simple solutions that you can try first. I have put them below. I only ask that you come back and tell me if they don't work so we can go forward or give me an excellent rating if they do work First and i know this sounds simple but please reboot the computer and then launch the quicken from the start menu all programs so that we know it is the program you are launching rather than the data file Now if that does not work and it did work within the last few days you can try a system restore to a time when it was working System restore instructions - windows 7 8 10hold the windows logo key and hit Rin the box that appears typerstrui.exehit enter select restore to an earlier date. Under the "suggested restore" which is usually not old enough to help is a link for "OTHER RESTORE POINTS"click that if the suggested ones are not BEFORE THE PROBLEM STARTEDchoose a date from the calendar that is BEFORE you experienced the problemhit ok / restorethe computer will start to shut down a restoring settings box will appear with a status barwhen it finishes your computer will restart with the same settings it had on the date you restored to. your data will not be affected. It is not perfect. But it fixes a lot of things.