Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

I have a question - I recently received a letter from the IRS

Customer Question

I have a question - I recently received a letter from the IRS stating that my 2014 income tax filing was incomplete incorrect. Can I redo my 2014 filing using the Turbotax Deluxe for 201t as the program that I have installed? I attempted to over write my originial input and could not do it as it would not allow me to overwrite.
Will appreciate your help on this. 2014 was the first time that I tried to use filing by the internet. have used Turbotax for years, filing by mail without any problem. ***** *****e
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Lev replied 8 months ago.
As long as your tax return was filed and processed - you may not redo it...What you need to do - prepare an amended tax return - form 1040X - and correct mistakes.You may use the same Turbotax Deluxe for 2011 to prepare an amended tax return - but will need to print your tax forms, sing, and mail to the IRS.You would not be able to e-file.Questions?
Expert:  Lev replied 8 months ago.
What you need to do - prepare an amended tax return - form 1040X - and correct mistakes.You may use the same Turbotax Deluxe for 2011 to prepare an amended tax return - but will need to print your tax forms, sing, and mail to the IRS.You would not be able to e-file...I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.