Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

Inability to download Chase business credit card data into

Customer Question

Inability to download Chase business credit card data into Quicken 2016.
Chase Quicken Help persons say their system is incompatible with Quicken 2016 and they're working on it!
It's mid-May for heavens sake.
I'm very computer literate and need specific work-around instructions to manually download my credit card (CC) data from Chase and then "paste/export" it into my Chase CC Business card account in Quicken Home and Business 2016
I'm good with Excel.
Cheers
Clive Burton
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 6 months ago.
well first i would not be so sure that quicken does not work with chase. they did not change very much for 2016 and my experience is that banks don't actually have "quicken tech people" they just hand you to whoever is free and if he can't figure it out he says it is quickens fault. So you can try this 2 different ways1. in the quicken hit ctrl A to give you the account listfind the accountclick editclick reset button go through the process of putting in our bank id and password ***** linking it to the correct quicken account OR2go to the chase websitefind your account select the transactions that you want download it in quicken web connect ( qxf ) formatremember where you saved itopen the quickengo to file / import / quicken web connectbrowse to the file that you downloaded If none of that works for you or you think it is too complicated i am able to get you my phone number and log in remotely and get it working for you. There is an additional charge for that but i find it almost impossible to believe that chase bank won't work with the new quicken. As i said quicken did not change their format for downloads between 2015 and 2016.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have been told the same thing by two different Chase experts two months apart - the statement only applies to BUSINESS credit cards. I already pay $22 a month for very occasional use of JustAnswer so phone help is expensive.
I'll try downloading .qxf file
try that and i am sorry but it is qfx not qxf my fault i put them in wrong I have still found nothing that says chase business cards wont work in quicken though there are a few issues such as multiple users with cards on the same account not being seperated