Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.

I am traveling with my HP laptop. I am trying to download transactions

Customer Question

I am traveling with my HP laptop. I am trying to download transactions as I do when I am home. I am on my daughter's wireless network. I am able to go online with with a browser. When I use Quicken 2014 tools to update transactios it tells me I do not have an internet connection, but I do. Not sure how to resolve this.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 5 months ago.
it could be a few things including a firewall that wont let the quicken receive anything from a new network for securityor banks that dont recognize the new ip address and wont send it. try hitting ctrl A to get the accounts listthen click edit and resync the bank accounts Can you log in to the banks website from a browser ? That might also get the IP address enabled on the banks side. But you will probably still have to resest the bank in the accounts list. I am able to get you my phone number and log in remotely to work on it with you if you want to pay a bit more for premium service.