Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.

I just upgraded from Quicken 2013 to 2016, it is not transferring

Customer Question

I just upgraded from Quicken 2013 to 2016, it is not transferring my checking acct. transactions that are any more recent from what I had in the previous version. It is updating my savings acct. info however. When I try to do the 1 step update it is now telling me that I have 12 new transactions to review and accept. I don't know how to do that. Everything I try to do seems to make things worse. The update also shows 2 temporary checking accts. The main reason I bought the deluxe version was so that it would transfer data from the 2013 version, but it is not updating any new transactions. Would it help to delete my checking acct. and reenter it? My checking info is correct, acct. # ***** I am at a loss as to what to do.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 5 months ago.
I am not sure that I could recommend anything that you have not tried. A simple solution would be to enter the information from the beginning of the year. Do you have a bank reconciliation from December? If you have the bank reconciliation you would enter any outstanding checks or deposits in transit in 15. Then you would enter the 2016 activity. Sorry I can not be more helpful. I know update software can be very frustrating if it does not work properly.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 5 months ago.
the transactions to review should show up on the bottom of the register screenYou can also change it so that they are added automatically under edit / preferences / downloaded transactionscheck the box for add to register immediately i would have to look at the temporary accounts. It might have made those because it did not link the existing accounts to the correct quicken accounts and you can re link them by hitting ctrl a for the account listclick editselect online servicesthen re connect
If you have problems with the instructions above I am able to get you my phone number and log in remotely to sort this all out for you while you watch. it is a fairly typical thing that sometimes happens when you upgrade versions and quicken isnt quite matching up the accounts the way it did in the previous version. I have dealt with it many times for other people. If you would like me to do that for you please accept the offer for premium servicesthank you