Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I'm trying to log into Quicken, and it appears that intuit

Customer Question

I'm trying to log into Quicken, and it appears that intuit is sending me a commercial to sign up for "Mint". There doesn't appear to be a way around it. Is this for real or a virus?
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 7 months ago.
if you are trying to log into the quicken website go towww.quicken.com if you were trying to go to quicken online that was a different program than the desktop quicken and it no longer exists. It was replaced by mint. if you are trying to run a desktop version of quicken than you are using the wrong icon. look for it in your start menu / all programs
It is not a virus. you probably just did a search for quicken online rather than quicken and got their old quickenonline website which has been replaced by mint. the real quicken still exists as a desktop program click here to get to their websitehttp://www.quicken.com/
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am logging into Quicken 2016 from desktop. Mint promo pops into site where I normally log in with no way to decline.
i dont know what you mean by "logging into quicken 2016" if it is already installed you dont have to log in.It may ask for your intuit id and password. But that is not a website and it should not send you to mint i would have to see what you are doing to straighten it out. I have put up an offer for remote access if you accept that i can get you my phone number and a link for the remote session and get it all sorted out for you,
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
After 30 minutes I signed up for mint then canceled and was able to sign into my Quicken with intuit pw. Thanks for the help. Looks like something not right in intuit-land.
it is possible that you have some sort of redirect virus and you can use malware byte to scan for thathttp://filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/download/fd328691238027e29c42d30ac7ee71ac/ as long as you are happy i am happy. I hope that you will give me a good rating as that is the only way that i can receive any credit from this website for my efforts
Might have just been a bug on their website where an old mint ad got stuck in their login screen for 2016. It seems unlikely it was a virus. the mint is a legitimate program that replaced the old quickenonline. but the malware bytes will check for that sort of thing if you want to feel secure. Again your rating is the only way that i receive any credit from this website for my efforts so i would greatly appreciate a good rating thank you :)