Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I use Quicken 2013 Home & Business, when reopening the file

Customer Question

I use Quicken 2013 Home & Business, when reopening the file my account balances look correct, but nothing is populated in any of the account registers when I click on the corresponding register. This was not the case before. I want to enter some transactions in both my checking account register and my credit card register
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 7 months ago.
The most likely cause for what i think you are saying is that the registers are filtered or sorted wrong make sure that the filter is set to all transactions and all dates ( i see this a lot at the beginning of the year when it was set to display the year before )and that it is sorted in date order. If it is sorted on anything else the transactions will be there but you wont see them on the screen because it wont show them with the newest on the bottom. You can just click on the title bar where it has the actual word date above the date column to sort it. one click will sort it one direction another click the other direction. There will be a little solid triangle in the title column of the column it is being sorted on
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The filters are: All Dates, Any Type, All Transactions.
The Date column has been clicked to sort by both most recent and by earliest date and then scrolling up reveals no transactions showing.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please see my response above to your answer, the lines of transactions are still not populated after removing filters and resorting by date, please help!
are you sure that you are putting the transaction in the correct account ?and are the transactions for historical dates ? if they are set to a date that is ahead of the computer system date ( which you can check by clicking on the clock on the bottom right ) than they will either not show up or show up in the section that is separated by a blue line and that section can be easily shrunk to nothing. what type of transactions are you putting in and how are you putting them in? I can log in remotely and look at it with you if you like. these are usually some sort of minor problem rather than an error with the quicken itself if you suspect that you can try running a file validation under file / file file operations / validate and repair.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes it would help if you logged in remotely
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can we set a date on Tuesday 5/3 to have you remotely log in to assist? I am on Eastern daylight .
yes that would be great. I am on Central but i can do it just about any time after about 11 your time I do need you to accept the offer for premium service though before the site will allow me direct contact. Once you do that i can get you my cell phone number
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am available today from now until 12:45 pm eastern time or later from 3:30 pm on. What time can we schedule?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Disregard most recent message. I am receiving tech assistance from a local expert. Hopefully we can resolve my issue with Quicken account registers soon.I do not want to proceed with a monthly commitment with justanswer.com. Please advise how I can ensure no further charges, thank you