Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.

I changed my Intuit Password, still cannot connect, Message

Customer Question

I changed my Intuit Password, still cannot connect, Message says: no internet connection, try later. What's up?
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 5 months ago.
I can log on remotely to fix it for you. But before we do that if it worked recently try doing a system restore to a time when it was workingSystem restore instructions - windows 7 8 10hold the windows logo key and hit Rin the box that appears typerstrui.exehit enter select restore to an earlier date. Under the "suggested restore" which is usually not old enough to help is a link for "OTHER RESTORE POINTS"click that if the suggested ones are not BEFORE THE PROBLEM STARTEDchoose a date from the calendar that is BEFORE you experienced the problemhit ok / restorethe computer will start to shut down a restoring settings box will appear with a status barwhen it finishes your computer will restart with the same settings it had on the date you restored to. your data will not be affected. It is not perfect. But it fixes a lot of things.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
all I wanted to do was unlock my Password ***** typed in my password, now Intuit wants an Intuit ID.Is Quicken updating their security?. This is insane
I am a bit lost. You said you cant download from the internet as for the security. they now require you to know the intuit password ***** a few different things, including the vault. While i am sure that they claim its for security i suspect it has more to do with stopping bootleg copies and just keeping in touch with their customers to sell them more.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I entered my Vault Password, then my Intuit Password, their reply was, "OOPS". We are unable to connect to the internet at this time, please try later.
You should be able to just delete the vault and then recreate it under tools / password ***** / remove vault and all passwords that will blank it out and you can add all your passwords back again after and put a new password ***** the vault
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'll try that tomorrow. My husband's health is failing and I need to go.
ok you can add this link to your favorites list by hitting ctrl D and then just select it from your favorites to bounce right back or use the link in the emails that the site sends you. If you accept the offer for additional service i can get you my direct phone number and we can make an appointment for any time that you like