Angie Russell
Angie Russell, Bookkeeper
Experience:  Quickbooks proadvisor, expert in payroll taxes, sales taxes, business taxes, bookkeeping and tax preparation.
69500136

I mistakenly set up a password ***** one of my files in QB 14.

Customer Question

I mistakenly set up a password ***** one of my files in QB 14. I don't want it and is nothing more than a nuisance. How can I delete forever. I don't even have a password ***** open the company. I see posts on how to reset but I want to eliminate any & all passwords for program
JA: The Financial Software Technician will know how to help. Is there anything else the Financial Software Technician should be aware of?
Customer: yeah, I would like to upgrade to 2016 but copy only last 2-3 years of data. What I have running now goes back to 2005. Just want to copy last year or so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Financial Software Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Angie Russell replied 7 months ago.
To remove the password ***** your Admin log in for your company file:Go to Company > Set Up Users and Passwords > Set Up Users. Enter you Admin Password.Once you have the User list window, Highlight Admin and click on Edit User button.Remove the Password, Confirm Password, Change Challenge Question to <Select> and click Next.Click No button for No Password ***** message box then Finish.Close the User List window.Close and Re-open QuickBooks file and see if it will still ask you for a password. You can condense your quickbook files by following the instructions on this link https://community.intuit.com/articles/1020499-the-condense-data-utility
Just checking back to make sure you got your issue handled. If you are satisfied with my service, I ask that you take a moment to rate me using the stars or smiley faces, this is how I receive compensation from Just Answer and ensures experts like me are available to answer your questions in the future. if you would like to work with me again, simply type "ForCustomeramp;quot; in your question title and I'll be happy to help in any way that I can.