Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I cannot get back into taxact. I have already tried getting

Customer Question

I cannot get back into taxact. I have already tried getting new username and passwords, but when I enter them, it just goes back to "not matching our records"
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Hi there and welcomeWhen where you last able to sign into your account?Please let me know I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I just need you to walk me through getting back in. I do not want you to access my computer.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
No problemWhen where you last able to sign into your account?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I haven't tried since I e-filed my federal taxes, on April 5th
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
ThanksClick on my link below please and follow the steps to reset your passwordhttps://www.taxact.com/myaccount/#/signinClick on Forgot password ***** tell me what happens when you try to reset your password *****
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I tried it AGAIN and it didn't send me a temporary code. I double checked to make sure they have the correct email address. I also checked my junk mail.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
have you ever received a temporary code from them since having this problem? As I see you capitalized again, so am assuming the meaning behind that is you already tried this?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes, I tried twice, I still have them, one is expired (they are only good for 2 hours) the other one is still valid, but when I entered it, it wouldn't accept it.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
whats the username you use for it?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Leftycat10#
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
ok, check if you now received an email please
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no, nothing
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
use the link forgot usernameComplete the process and tell me if it confirms your username as correct
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Okay, so it sent me an email with the username I used last year, when I signed up this year it made me change it because it had no capital letters or symbols in it.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
ok, but sign in using the old username and tell me what happens please
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I did try that, but the same "your entries do not match our records" comes up
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
what was the old username it said you had?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
timothymv04
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
it sees it for meDid you get a email now for a reset on it?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
YES!
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
ok, reset the password ***** then sign in with the new password.Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
same reply, does not match our records
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
when I tried again, it just sent me back to the page to have another temporary code sent
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
I need to know exactly what happened from the moment you got the email please
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
maybe you could reset it and then send the username and passcode to me?
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
Not possible from here only from your computer which is why I made the offer to connect
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok, I have to go to work in a few minutes, cannot access computer from there. I will go to Maine Revenue Service and file an extension and make my payment today to avoid penalties and fines. I will get back to you tomorrow or Thursday and see if we can get this figured out. Thank you so much for your help.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.
your most welcome and till then
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Hi thereHow did you go with this?