Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.
32989067

I have transferred TurboTax to another computer but now it

Customer Question

I have transferred TurboTax to another computer but now it will open. Do you know what I should do?
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Hi there Barbara and welcomeYou said I have transferred TurboTax to another computer but now it will open. Did you mean now it will NOT open?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Exactly....sorry
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Thats ok.What happens when you try to open TurboTax?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok I'll await your call.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Sorry, your payment failed Barbara for the phone all so we have to continue here.Can you respond to my last message please?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
At first it recommends something but after that didn't work nothing more happened.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
ok, I need more specifics please, Can you tell me the exact message you get when you now try to open it?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I would prefer to chat on my computer. I don't get a reply. I just keep tapping but nothing happens.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
No problem.How did you transfer it to this computer? Is it a Mac or Windows? And which version?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Windows 10.....transferred with a flash drive
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
ok, thats the issue then, you cannot just transfer the program, you need to actually install it.Use the disk that your first received it with and install it from this Barbara.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I didn't receive a disk. I received it thru email. Do not have a disk at all.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Ok, the email had a link then to the download.You need to download that file onto the new computer and run the installation.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Don't think I have the original email that was sent. But should I discover it I then download it onto the new computer, run the installation and then how does the data get in the program.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
You would need to restore the data from the other computer, so you save your .tax file, then on the new computer you copy this file to it and open it within Turbotax
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't think I completely understand However I will try all that. But I'm through here as it appears quite a bit has been charged to my credit card, $80. to be exact!
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
I do not see anything regarding costs here as I am just an engineer. If you contact customer service on(###) ###-####hey can check this for you.If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit Thank you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What would be my charge for you to go on both computers and fix this?
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
$39, but you need to have the email to download it.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'll check with Turbo tax to see if I can get it again.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
If you purchased it then you can download it again, you just need to get the download link for your copy from them
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm working on it
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.
Thanks