Jade Adams
Jade Adams,
Experience:  Full Charge Bookkeeper at Waterpoint Marina

I installed Turbo Tax Standard on my computer and I am now

Customer Question

I installed Turbo Tax Standard on my computer and I am now having trouble. After entering Turbo Tax and start to enter data I get an error message Turbo Tax 2015 is not working - Program will close. Also I cannot get into Internet Explorer as I get the same message Internet Explorer is not working - Program will close. I have Windows 8.1 and is wondering if this is a problem. It also won't let me transfer data from 2014.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Jade Adams replied 6 months ago.
Hello,My name is***** and I look forward to helping you today. I am sorry that Turbo Tax 2015 is not working for you. I know that can be very frustrating. Lets see what we can do so we can get it working properly. The first thing I want to do is try to repair the program and see if that gets it going.On your keyboard, press Windows + E and click the Computer tab.Then click Uninstall or change a program and scroll down to the version of TurboTax you have installed. It may say TurboTax 2015.Once you find it, I want you to right click it and select Uninstall/Change.On the Repair/Uninstall TurboTax screen, click the Repair TurboTax button and then let it run.Once it done repairing the program try to open TurboTax again and let me know if that solved the issue.
Hello again! Just following up to see if you need more help on this question or if this solution took care of the issue. If you are satisfied, please take a moment to rate my service so that we can close out this question and I may receive credit for assisting you!