Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I'm trying to file my 2016 taxes with TurboTax. Somehow

Customer Question

I'm trying to file my 2016 taxes with TurboTax. Somehow I do not have the correct password. I keep getting a message that an email has been sent to me with a new password. I cannot find this email. I could create a new account, but would prefer being able to depend on last year's return. Help.
toni
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 8 months ago.
it might be in your junk or spam folderand you need to check carefully on dates. a lot of spammers put future dates on their spam to make sure it shows up on the top of your list. On the other hand if it is going to a different email address and you cant get in there. Or even if you cant find this one, making a new account is not a bad way to go. There are maybe 3 numbers that it can get from your old return. It literally takes longer to try to get back the old account than it does to put the information in manually.