Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

Windows 10 just installed updates and I am now unable to run

Customer Question

Windows 10 just installed updates and I am now unable to run Quickbooks 2014. The program keeps asking for administrator privileges.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 8 months ago.
what is the exact word for word error message that you get and do you get it as soon as you start the program or at some other point running it
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When I attempt to open my company file, the message box is "This action requires windows administrator permissions".
try copying the company file to another location where you know that you have full rights to it. If you create a new folder under the documents folder that should do it.then right click on the file and select properties. make sure that it is not set to hidden or system or read only. then attempt to open this new copy of the file.