Christopher Bessler
Christopher Bessler, Network Engineer
Experience:  21 years in Computer, desktop, software and hardware support

I am using Quickbooks that we bought at the end of 2014. I

Customer Question

Hi, I am using Quickbooks that we bought at the end of 2014. I want to select € as my home currency. It appears that I must turn on 'multiple currencies' in order to select my home currency. But when I select 'multiple currencies' Quickbooks tells me I can't turn it off again and I will lose some other features I like to use. Is there a way around this? I need my invoices to quote in € - we are based in Ireland, and one of our UK customers nearly paid us in GBP today ( because that's what our invoices say) and it would have been the wrong price in that currency. Thanks, Joanna
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Computer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Hi, thanks Pearl, I don't know what else they need to know. We are using Quickbooks premier accountant edition 2015 and our default home currency is GBP - which I need to change. Thanks
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Christopher Bessler replied 7 months ago.

I really wish I had better information for you on this, but I don't. The fact is, once you make that change, a conversion takes place. It's a one-way street. The only way that you can get around this is manually making the conversions outside of the program. I am sorry! I wish I could give you a button that clears this up, but that is how the software was designed and that is how it works!