Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  CISCO certified, Microsoft proficient, computing expert.

I have the newest version of Quicken. I have used Quicken

Customer Question

I have the newest version of Quicken for MAC. I have used Quicken for some years, but I upgraded my computer recently and lost all the old Quicken files.
One: is there a problem if I want to use my own categories? What happens when Quicken does a download from my bank. Will my categories work or will the program put its own categories on my data?
Two: I travel some in my business, is it possible to have Quicken on my office MAc and on my new MacBook Air without having to purchase another copy of the program. Would that work anyway?
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

1. There is no problem with using your own categories. If you want to change categories assigned to specific transactions, simply recategorize them.

2. You can install Quicken on up to three computers, as described in their End User License Agreement. You do not have to purchase additional copies of Quicken to install it on the second and third computer.