Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I entered a 1099-DIV (Joint) which contained $6.22 of

Customer Question

I entered a 1099-DIV (Joint) which contained $6.22 of Canadian Dividends plus other dividends and the lower portion of the form was filled out showing 100% of the dividends ($5,692) received as Foreign. I also entered a 1099-DIV for my spouse which had some Canadian dividends and Taxact calculated the Foreign dividends correctly on that one. I deleted the one with the wrong calculation and reentered the data but, got the same result. I assume that TaxAct is supposed to calculate the Foreign dividends by dividing the dividend by the country's tax rate. Bug?
Bob Sherlock ***@******.*** (###) ###-####
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 8 months ago.

That may indeed be a bug. I would put them in as if they came in on 2 separate 1099 one for the foreign stuff and one for the American