Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Experience:  Enrolled Agent with 25 Years Experience specializing Individual and Small Businesses
5242771

I purchased Taxact Deluxe on 6/05/1015. Along with this

Customer Question

I purchased Taxact Deluxe for 2015 on 6/05/1015. Along with this purchase was an unlock number. (###) ###-#### ***** order to open the various forms needed to complete the tax form I am required to enter the unlock number. The(###) ###-####number supplied does not open the forms.
Unless you can tell me how to open the forms, I cannot go on with the tax work.
The unlock # ***** SC State Tax is(###) ###-####
Please advise....
Customer ID= 11204413
Order number= 22619812
Name- Ken Andersen email=***@******.*** cell(###) ###-####
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Anne replied 11 months ago.

Hi Ken

I'm Anne. I've been preparing taxes for 27 years and I'll be happy to help you.

You stated that you purchased this software on 06/15/2015...... I am extremely suspicious that the software is for 2014 tax year. This may be the root of your problem. Please see release dates below:

https://www.taxact.com/support/50/2015/release-date-of-preview-and-final-version/

Since Congress is still usually "tweaking" the tax laws, if not outright changing them/allowing parts of the Tax Code to expire/Renewing those parts of the Tax Code due to expire sometimes clear up to December, I can not help but believe that you purchased a 2015 tax program (year that you actually fill out the forms) for 2014 taxes.

You may verify or get help from Tax Act here:

https://www.taxact.com/tsupport/support_request.asp

If this answer has helped you, please rate positive by clicking on the check marks

It is ONLY through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge.

Thank you for choosing justanswer