Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

This morning Windows 7 forced me to reinstall Windows 7.

Customer Question

This morning Windows 7 forced me to reinstall Windows 7. Would not allow me to go any further. So, after reinstalling, of course everything present had been deleted, including my latest version of Quicken, Quicken 16 I believe it was. Also, all my Quicken files had been deleted. Fortunately, I do have some backups. But all I could use to reinstall Quicken,was an original disc of Quicken 2008. I also have Quicken 2009 update. But no code for installation, so I am following instructions to get the code from you. I also wonder if Quicken 2016 is available. I did buy it online and download it. Can you help me?
Thank you
Carl
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 9 months ago.

if you purchased whatever version it was from quicken directly within the last 3 years you can download another copy for free

go to www.quicken.com

click the sign in button and select my account

sign in and click on downloads and unlocks

it should show what you have purchased with a download button

otherwise you can purchase the 2016 version at www.quicken.com as well

do NOT purchase the simple start version as that will not read older files. The deluxe version or anything above it will read your old data files if you had them backed up.