PDtax
PDtax, CPA firm owner
Experience:  Have used almost every software package available.
64119565

I have Windows XP and am planning on upgrading to either

Customer Question

I have Windows XP and am planning on upgrading to either Windows 7 or Windows 10. I've heard that 7 is compatible with Quickbooks 6.0 but not completely. If I back up to an external hardrive before I upgrade, will it work when I restore it to my PC?
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  PDtax replied 10 months ago.

Hi from just answer. I'm PDtax. I'll assist.

Expert:  PDtax replied 10 months ago.

As you know, QuickBooks 6.0 is an older version of their software, and is NOT reliable with Windows 7. I can't vouch for your plan.

If you asked, I would upgrade to Windows 10 and a new version of QuickBooks 2016. The reason is the life of the investments.

Expert:  PDtax replied 10 months ago.

I might even consider a new PC for the new software. The cost of a PC might never be lower, and a current QuickBooks version might last for many years more.

The reason for this recommendation is your plan won't be reliable. I'm addition, expect windows 7 not to be supported much longer, as Microsoft is upgrading all the 7 and 8 users they can for free.

Thanks for asking at just answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.