Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I have quicken2013 When I open the website a I am asked zip

Customer Question

I have quicken2013 When I open the website a I am asked for my zip code. How do I answer this when downloading transactions The password ***** a special character as asked for on the website. I see it downloaded once in a while.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  TimCoons replied 10 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my very best to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call.

Are you just wondering how to answer the zip code question?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
do you have an answer on how to answer a confirnatiion question after a log on
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
how do i answer the zip code questiion

Put in the billing zip code.

From quicken site

"

Zip Code not Accepted When Setting Up Quicken Cloud ID in Quicken 2013

Updated: 9/19/2013 | Article ID: GEN85315

In Quicken Desktop 2013, when setting up a new Quicken Cloud ID, it may appear that Quicken rejects the zip code and loops back to enter information into that field. Additionally, it may appear that the Next button is grayed out or inactive.

Quicken does not look for the validity of the zip code; any 5-digit numeric string can be entered here, such as 12345 or 88888. This field is used only as a confirmation from you of your identity should you need to recover your password ***** your Quicken Cloud ID."

https://quicken.intuit.com/support/help/features-and-tools/zip-code-not-accepted-when-setting-up-quicken-cloud-id-in-quicken-2013/GEN85315.html

Use what ever you want sir, just don't forget it.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no shit, where. you create a username and password ***** logon the website and it is in the passwordvault. where does the answerfor zip code go i quicken
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i am not useing the cloud

Tell you what, i'm going to opt out and let some else help you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok thanks for trying
Expert:  Robert M. replied 10 months ago.

what website are you logging into through quicken and why ?

If that question is coming up when you are about to download transactions it is a second level security question FROM YOUR BANK

The answer has to match what the bank has on record for you.

Since many banks dont actually do their own website it is possible that it does not reflect your current zip code but the one that you entered when you set up the online access to the bank website. You should go to the banks website and check your profile in there and make sure that it has current information. There may even be a place for security questions one of which would be the zipcode thing.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
actually when I log into the website through internet I am asked for an account Confirmation which is the zip code on file. When I run Quicken Update it does not recognize the password. But if I can log on, then I figure it is looking for the confirmation answer. I called the bank and they couldn't help, didn't even understand what I was doing. "They were looking into it" I hit update and it asks for the bans password sometimes, but that is in the vault.

When you log into what website ? the banks website ? through your browser not quicken it asks for the zipcode.

can you get into the banks website through the internet browser without using quicken

if you can not do that than quicken wont be able to either.

I can get you my phone number and log into your computer remotely and i can see exactly what is happening and tell you what to tell the bank or fix it with you immediately

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I can log into the banks website, but quicken cannot.
I enter the loan in a different way and Quicken I think has been ok, just a graph instead of a ledger.
I am going to withdrawal my question.
Thank you for your input.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK, I was wrong, I just updated and was prompted for a password ***** the bank..
Guess I spoke too soon, I ideas? I do not want to use the phone.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK, I just used the HELP in Quicken and I think it is straightened out

thats great. If it has been straightened out i hope that you will give me a good rating for at least showing you where the problem was coming from so that you could get it straightened out

Your rating is the only way that i can receive any credit from this website for my efforts

thank you :)