Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I am having problems with my Quicken 2011 Deluxe. It is not

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I'm Marcia. I am having problems with my Quicken 2011 Deluxe. It is not saving my work for the 2015 tax year. Is it because I am supposed to upgrade to the 2016 edition?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: You will have to forgive my lack of computer knowledge. I could not find my saved 2014 checkbook ledger; it would only display 2010 - 2012. So, I deleted those two years and started 2015. It is now gone. I use the ledger to break down into categories for my accountant.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Financial Software Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 10 months ago.

hi there.

that is one of two issues

usually they are just sorted or filtered wrong

make sure that it says all transactions all dates on the top

and in the title bar above the date column is the actual word date

if you click on that it will sort on the date field click once for one direction and again for the other direction

Or you opened the wrong file and you can find the correct one by going to

file / open and looking for one with a recent date

I am able to get you my phone number and log in remotely to do it with you if that is easier for you but there is an additional charge