Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I'm trying to balance my December bank statement. When I try

Customer Question

I'm trying to balance my December bank statement. When I try to reconcile in Quicken, it lists the last statement ending date as 12/31/2015. The new statement end date is also 12/31/2015. I also think that my opening balance is incorrect. How can I correct these things?
Category: Financial Software
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 11 months ago.

You can correct the opening balance by editing it or creating another transaction to adjust the balance

My advice would be to just let it do the reconcile, and at the end it will probably suggest an adjustment to get the current balance in quicken to match the current balance in your account.

if you accept that transaction it should even things out going forward and will save you a lot of heartache on the next reconciliation

I would suggest that you create a backup before you do it. If it doesnt work the way you want it to then you can just load the backup and we can try something else.

I can get you my phone number and even log in to do it with you remotely but there is an additional charge and i would probably want to do it sometime tomorrow as it is getting late here.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't know how to rate your service as I had it figured out before I received your reply. Thank you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't know how to rate your service. I had figured out my problem before I heard from you. Thanks.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 10 months ago.

i am glad it worked for you.

it is up to you how to rate me. But the rating is personal and not about the site. I answered you as soon as i got the question. If you think it was a useful answer i hope you will take that into consideration

If you want a refund you can email ***@******.*** regardless of how you rate me.

thank you