Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

How do I transfer Quicken 2003 data to 2016? I use Windows

Customer Question

How do I transfer Quicken 2003 data to 2016? I use Windows 10. Ifvthere would be multiple steps involved, such upgrading to Q2007 and then to Q2016, where would I get the old software?
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 11 months ago.

You might be able to do it direct from 2003

they recommend going to 2004 as the last intermediate step so at most you would need 2004

You can download that on this page

https://quicken.intuit.com/support/help/downloading--installing--upgrading-and-converting/how-and-when-to-use-an-intermediate-version-to-convert-older-versions-of-quicken/GEN82211.html

near the bottom it has links for many intermediate versions. But again 2004 would be the only one that you need and you might not even need that.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
At what site would I find Quicken 2004?

it was in the post above

here it is again

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I hit the Send button too soon. When my Q03 ia operable again, I'll be ready to proceed.

ok what is wrong with the 03 ?

all you really need is the data file that ends with .qdf

the new quicken or the 04 that you can download from the link can open that qdf file without the 03