Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

Quickbooks when update to 2016, apears error 3371 statuscode

Customer Question

Customer: hi quickbooks when update to 2016, apears error 3371 statuscode -11118
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: quickbooks and point of sales doesnt run
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Financial Software Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: error 3371 statuscode -11118 ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Financial Software
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
backup was made on the 30th. The computer worked fine today until it crashed at 2. No more sales could be made. How can I get the quickbooks working again? How could I retrieve my data? My contract was paid until 2-25-2016.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 11 months ago.

Your license data got corrupted

You need to find. The file named

EntitlementDataStore.ecml

Rename it to change the ecml to old

It may be in different places depending on your qb version and op system but most likely in

C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\vX where 'X' is the version number

.easiest thing to do is search for it but you have to include system and hidden files in the search