Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Highly experienced in professional tax products, Microsoft Office - power Excell user - as well as Windows, Linux & iOS operating systems.
1929974

Turbotax loads to just 99% & then freezes with Windows

Customer Question

Turbotax loads to just 99% & then freezes with Windows 10. Turbotax consultant could not fix.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Lane replied 11 months ago.

Hi ... I'll tell you what I'm seeing out there as the best fix until TurbpTax gets all the bugs out for Windows 10. Try this first.

...

• Using Windows Explorer, locate the setup file (for the CD version, this is setup.exe - not sure what the download file name is)
  • Right click the file and select Properties
  • Click the Compatibility tab
  • Click the checkbox next to "Run this program in compatibility mode for: " and select "Windows 8"
  • Click OK
  • Run the setup file, and follow the prompts as normal

...

Let me know how it goes

...

Lane

..

Expert:  Lane replied 11 months ago.

Just saw this again on intuits help forum.

...

"To get Turbotax to work in Chrome or Firefox on Windows 10, simply change the executable for Chrome/Firefox to run in Compatibility Mode for Windows 7 (or 8). This fixed it for me and has had no negative impact on Chrome for other sites."

...

Lane

Expert:  Lane replied 11 months ago.

Also, we see that this is Microsoft Window's Support's answer to the same question (how to make Turbotax Run in Windows 10)

...

If you have issue with installation we suggest you to install in compatibility mode.

To install turbo tax in compatibility mode, follow the below steps:
a. Right-click on the program and select Properties.
b. Click on the Compatibility tab.
c. Under Compatibility Mode, Run this program in compatibility mode for
d. Click Apply.

You may also refer: Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows (Steps applies to Windows 10)
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

To check the compatibility of the programs please refer the below link:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home?Language=en-US