Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience
13568747

Completed my 2011 Returns with TurboTax and now need to

Customer Question

Completed my 2011 Returns with TurboTax and now need to complete a 2011 return for my Mother... can't find the Disk I purchased... any way to get a replacement or a download. Steve XXXXXX XXX XXX XXXX
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Russell H. replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Completing a return for a tax year that long ago, may be quite difficult.

I suspect that you need to find out first, what license # ***** registration # ***** to your 2011 TurboTax software issue or copy.

Then find out a source for a download for a 2011 TurboTax software issue, and try to get it re-downloaded. (Note, please: This may not work and there may perhaps be no such source.)

What would help with this would be, knowing exactly where and how you bought 2011 TurboTax originally. They would be the best 'person' to apply to for a re-issue.

But there may be a very simple answer: Use the 2011 TurboTax program that you completed your own return with, to prepare another person's (your mother's) 2011 tax return also. See this for reference (though it *might* not apply to the 2011 issue of the TurboTax program):

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2103486-can-turbotax-be-used-to-prepare-more-than-1-person-s-taxes

That indicates that up to five 1040 type forms may be completed with one copy of TurboTax.

Let me know how it goes, and I will advise you further as necessary.