Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I forgot password 2012. It is not supported by Intuit so I

Customer Question

I forgot password ***** Quicken 2012. It is not supported by Intuit so I cannot use their tool
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

have you actually tried the tool ?

it may still work

otherwise your best bet is to upgrade to the new version and the tool should work after you convert the file.

or you can use their password ***** service on a non supported version but you have to buy a one time support contract for 10 bucks

http://quicken.intuit.com/commerce/checkout/shoppingcart.jsp?_requestid=5970

Your best bet is to use the service instructions are here and i can help you get through to them if you have problems with their chat.

they WILL do the password *****

BUT

they will give you the file back in a newer version so you have to upgrade to the new version to read the file

http://quicken.intuit.com/support/help/working-with-quicken-data-and-transactions/what-if-i-can-t-use-the-automated-password-removal-tool-/GEN83203.html

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This has been a total failure thus far.1. I downloaded the newest Quicken version - 2015
2. The Password ***** could not find the .QDF needed to upload to Quicken
3. i can't find it either. It is either hidden so I cannot see it on a search or it has somehow been deleted
4. I found a backup file and uploaded it to Quicken. It then asks me acount balances as a Security question but no accounts to verify show up in the Challenge box
5. I'm stuck. What next?Thank you
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

it would be the same file that needed the password ***** the 2012

it would have to be there if it was asking for a password ***** it

i can log in and look for it for you if you want to pay a little bit extra

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
An offer to pay you more is indefensible. I am not going to pay any more. Instead I am going to give a bad review and publicize this failure on social media and other forums.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

well i am sure that will solve your problem for you. when you post it please be sure to include the part where you were running an unsupported version of quicken and then forgot your own password ***** it and refused to allow anybody in to help you after you then lost the file that had the password ***** couldnt remember.

Have a nice day.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your ad does not say that you cannot solve a problem on Quicken 2012. But you can't. If it was supported I would not have sought outside answers