Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I have installed quicken 2015 it cannot read my data.

Customer Question

I have installed quicken 2015 it cannot read my data. Quicken tells me I must install Quicken 2004 and that version will convert the file extensions. Sounds simple, but Quicken 2004 is only compatible with Vista or XP. Can I install my Gateway operating system disk on top of Windows 7, which is what I upgraded my computer to?
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

have you tried installing the quicken 2004 under windows 7 ?

I am pretty sure i got it to work under 7 or 8

You can not just install xp on top of win 7 without losing everything you had on it.

you can install the virtual xp and then run programs in compatibility mode but its a bit of a pain to install.

these are instructions for installing it

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/install-and-use-windows-xp-mode-in-windows-7

what might be a good option for you if you are interested is to just send me the data file and i can convert it to 2004 for you and send it back.