Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I have Quickbooks Pro Desktop 2015, since I have been using

Customer Question

I have Quickbooks Pro Desktop 2015, since I have been using it, it automatically backs up in auto data recovery file. I will make changes and add data on to it, close it down and when I open it up, it doesnt have the updated information in it. It defaults back to an earlier backup. Is there any way of getting around this? I also back it up on to a flash drive, but it doesnt default back to the latest backup. Very frustrating.
***** *****
G2 Ltd.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

you probably just have to go to file / open company and select the company file to open

or find where it is loading the auto recovery file from and copy that to a new company file and open that. Once you have opened the proper file once it will keep opening that one. But it seems that right now it just wants to go to the auto recovery file because that was the one it opened last time

I can log in remotely and fix it for you if you like sometime friday afternoon but the site requires an extra charge for that service.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is such a lame answer, of course I know to do that, I guess I didn't make the problem very clear, please do not charge any more money then the 5.00 deposit I put down. I have knowledge enough of Quickbooks to know this, I've just had issues where it I go back into closing QBs and when I go back into it, the information I've already entered is not there, it's like it opens up a previous saved version. If there was a way to turn off the Autorecovery data file I would and just make my own back up copies.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok what happens if you rather than open the QuickBooks program. You double click on the actual company file that should open QuickBooks with that file open

Make an entry. Save it then close and again double click on the same company file.

Is the entry still there?