Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

After years of working well, why suddenly can't quicken

Customer Question

after years of working well, why suddenly can't quicken access my bank using chrome? bank says it's a chrome issue; to change my password [as required] i had to turn on IE temporarily, and then was successful from within quicken.
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

i am a little bit lost here.

from WITHIN quicken it should not need the ie or chrome it should do it all by itself using direct connect

if you are using web connect to download the file and then expecting quicken to import it automatically than you have to save the file in the correct location

the internet explorer may be set to save it in the correct folder but chrome is using a different one

either browswer will automatically download to wherever it downloaded last so if you changed it in chrome for a different location than it will screw up quicken

you can get around that by just going to file / import in quicken and browse to where you saved the file

or by downloading in the ie and right clicking on the download and select "show in folder"

then making note of the folder and then changing it in chrome to match under settings

If you want to pay a little bit extra i can get you my phone number and log in remotely to see for sure what is going on and fix it for you.