Angie Russell
Angie Russell, Bookkeeper
Experience:  Quickbooks proadvisor, expert in payroll taxes, sales taxes, business taxes, bookkeeping and tax preparation.
69500136

Is there any way to do a report in QB that shows open orders

Customer Question

Is there any way to do a report in QB that shows open orders by customer, item and Qty
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Angie Russell replied 1 year ago.

Yes, there is.

If you go to "Reports" "Customers and Receivables" "Open Invoices"

A report will populate. To get it to show item and qty, you will click on "Customize" in the top left

A box will pop up and in that box under the "display" tab there are items with check marks beside them.

Scroll through that list and make sure there are check marks beside "Item" "Item Description" and "Qty"

That will add these columns to your report when you refresh the report and choose a date range.

If you are going to use this report multiple times, click on "Memorize" then each time you want to run this type of report you will be able to go to your memorized reports and bring it right up.

I hope this helps!

Alternatively.... you can also go to "reports" "sales" and "open sales orders by customer" or "open sales orders by item" any additional information that you wish to add to the report can be added by using the "customize" button mentioned in my previous message.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know these open sales reports but I cannot get all of this information on the report. Is there a way?
this report lists all the customers and their open orders and then the sku's in thier open order

When you run an open sales report, you should be able to click "customize" in the top left corner. In in the box that pops up, under the"display" tab there are a list of items with check marks beside them. Everything with a check mark will appear on your report. You can uncheck the items that you do not need and place check marks beside the items that you want to appear on the report.

If that doesn't give you the information that you need, the next tab in that box will let you filter the report by certain items. You can choose to filter by item number or customer name. By playing around with the customize feature and the display and filter tabs you should be able to customize the report to show exactly what you want it to show.