Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.
32989067

Dear, I am using QuickenXG on my old computer (Win XP) and

Customer Question

Dear *****,
I am using QuickenXG on my old computer (Win XP) and now need to reload on to a more modern machine running Windows 7.
The XG version was sourced in South Africa and may be UK based.
I need the key code please
I have tried your recommended download from http://tinyurl.com/d2ymafv and http://tinyurl.com/banrrzn but cannot open the "part" file.
Pleased can you help?
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

What happens when you try to open the part file? What error do you get?

And do you have a link to the question you found me on please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have sent a sepaaret email for more assistance please. thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

An email to who sorry?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****,I have summarized our correspondence below:1. I need to run my enormously used and trusted Quicken 2004 data on my laptop Win 7.2. I accessed your free Q&A page http://my.justanswer.com/question/guest/83f4acec77ba4a968f574195b3ff78c3 and went to the link recommended for UK users further down the page http://tinyurl.com/banrrzn3. I downloaded the QuickenUK2004R2 file. It does open but gives an error “bagent.exe cannot start because file mfc70.dll is missing”4. I then visited www.oldversion/windows/quicken and downloaded the Quicken 2004 file. I cannot open this.Thus I still do not have a version of Quicken 2004 XG that I can open without a key. Obviously I need to load the updated Quicken and then test my data.Incidentally, can I buy a more modern package (Intuit Quickbooks?) which will run with my old Quicken 2004 data?Would be grateful for any assistance please.Thank you.Peter
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you go to Control Panel, Windows Updates and make sure please to install all updates for windows.

Restart and then try to run the file again

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard, thank you.
I downloaded and installed 10 optional updates to Windows, and restarted.The same 2 problems are still there.thanks peter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I also recall that when I downloaded the the QuickenUK2004R2 file I had a note that the "qwinver.dll" and "qwapp.dll" modules not found.
Looking forward to your further advise please.regds
peter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Ricard,I have replied twice with no response, I keep on receiving requests to rate your service but have not received any effective information as yet,Please help me!
peter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****,Once again I received a request to rate your service, but have had no reply to my comments.
Please provide suggestion to obatin a version of Quicken 2004 XG (UK) that I can open without a keyPlease reply by return that you have received my queriesthanks
peter
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, the problem it will be is your not using the UK version but the South African version. The fix only applies for the UK version. No patch has been developed for the South African version.

You would need to purchase the latest version of Quicken.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****,Many thanks. We did purchase Quicken 2000 in Uk but then converted to the SA version XG.I will have to see what is available.I will be away until early next week so would please like to keep this conversation open until I investigate the options.Thanks for your help. Will be in touch
peter
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

No problem, I have marked it to never close.