Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. of computer experience in financial and marketing departments.
23372949

I have quickbooks enterprise solutions 2010, and a lathem

Customer Question

I have quickbooks enterprise solutions 2010, and a lathem payclock pc600. I can't get them to sync. We just got a new computer, and for some reason there seems to be no connection. The message that pops up to the payclock reads:
StdQ2b: The company file for this export could not be located. Please edit the settings of this export to set the new location for this company file.
Usually, I enter new employees into Quickbooks, and log in to the payclock and then poll the data terminals, and it automatically will sync with the clock. Today it doesn't seem to recognize a connection.
Ideas?
Category: Financial Software
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am clarifying something here. I am still using my old computer, but the connection seems to no longer exist. What do I do to connect Quickbooks with the payclock?
Expert:  MBAonline replied 1 year ago.

You should follow the following process:

Open your Payclock software

Click on the System Tab

Click the Payroll Exports Tab.

Under Payroll Wizards, clickStandard: QuickBooks 2003 or later

Click Setup.

Click Continue with Wizard.

On Step 1, click Next.

On Step 2, the latest version of PayClock will automatically select the Company File name. In earlier versions, click Browse to locate the Company File.

Click Next.

Click Yes, always; allow access even if QuickBooks is not running on the QuickBooks Application Certificate and click Continue.

Click Next.

On Step 3, Map the QuickBooks Items to PayClock Pay Codes. This is normally done automatically.

Click Next.

On Step 4, check Send employee pay rates from QuickBooks to PayClock to link the pay rates.

Click Finish.

Click Complete Wizard

Close PayClock.

Reopen PayClock.

Map QuickBooks Employee Names to PayClock Employee Names. This is usually done automatically.

This information comes from the Lathem Website