Richard, Financial Specialist
Experience:  IT professional, resolving issues with financial programs.
32989067

I cannot load QB 2014 file in safe mode or regular mode,

Customer Question

I cannot load QB 2014 file in safe mode or regular mode, even as administrator. Error code is 80070057. Can you help?
Category: Financial Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you attempt the below please
1. Click on Start then Computer and browse to the folder containing your company files;
2. Ensure that you can see all file extensions and find and delete the .ND files associated with your company files;
(If you cannot see file extensions, then tell me which version of windows you are using) Click on Start then Computer and browse to the folder containing your company files;
3. On the File Server, launch the QuickBooks Database Server Manager, select your folders containing company files and scan; minimize when complete.
4. Launch QuickBooks on one workstation and open a company file. Open the same file on a second workstation to confirm multi-user access.
5. On a Peer-to-Peer network, launch QuickBooks on the Host PC and open a company file. Switch the file to mulit-user mode and open it on a workstation to confirm multi-user access.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not even close. I had already tried all these solutions, available from internet, and still have problem.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
What was not even close?
How far did you get
What then have you already tried? Be specific as you listed nothing down when asked by the site.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard, by not even close, I meant that I had tried those solutions that you recommended, plus many more that I found on the internet, and did not may make any progress on the solution to my problem. The response to JustAnswer also is too slow, and that is why I had asked in another email that I not be charged. While I am NOT unhappy with your response, the whole just answer system is too slow for me.Please make sure I am NOT charged for any of the services. Thanks for trying to help.